Worstenbroodje | Sausage Rolls
Recipe type: Entree
Worstenbroodje | Sausage Rolls is a Dutch food recipe for spiced meat rolled in dough and baked.
- 1.5 kg Spiced meat
- 1 kg Flour
- 20 g Salt
- 20 g Caster sugar
- 50 g Yeast
- 100 g Butter
- ½ l Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Knead the dough from the flour, yeast, salt, caster sugar, milk and butter. Make 30 balls from the dough of about the same size. Cover the dough and let it swell for ½ hour.
- Make 30 sausages 50 grams each from the spiced meat.
- Heat the oven to 230 degrees C.
- After ½ hour take a ball of dough and roll it out to a slice of 10x4 cm and roll it around the sausage. Repeat this process until you have 30 rolls.
- Brush the rolls with egg and bake on paper covered trays for 30 minutes.