Spiced Ice Cream
Recipe type: Dessert
Spiced Ice Cream is a Dutch food recipe using a popular cookie broken up in the ice cream.
- 50 ml water
- 90 g sugar
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp spices (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves)
- 2 tbsp gin
- 150 ml very cold whipped cream
- 60 g speculaas biscuits
- Dissolve the sugar in the water and bring it to the boil in a pan until it turns into a sugar syrup.
- Put the egg whites and the spices in a bowl and add the hot syrup, keep stirring the mixture continuously in order to let it cool down. Pour in the gin and keep mixing.
- Don’t whip the cream completely stiff. Then gently fold it, with a spatula, into the cooled egg white-spices mixture.
- Put the mixture into the ice-cream maker and let it rotate until it turns the mixture into ice-cream.
- Crumble the biscuits. Add the crumbs to the ice-cream and let it rotate for a couple of minutes. Store the ice-cream in the freezer until needed.
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, you can put the mixture without the crumbs in a bowl and place it the freezer. Stir after an hour, add the crumbs and store the ice cream in the freezer until needed.