Recipe type: Appetizer
Shrimp Croquettes is a Dutch food recipe mixed with parsley and spices then fried.
- 3 dl fish stock
- 50 gr butter
- 60 gr flour
- 4 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 200 gr peeled shrimp
- 1 egg white
- fine breadcrumbs
- frying oil
- curled parsley, finely chopped
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour. Let it cook for about 1 minute. Add the fish stock, stirring constantly, and bring to the boil. Let this thick sauce simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool down a little before stirring in the cream, parsley, lemon juice, nutmeg, pepper and shrimp. Let it set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Shape the croquettes. Whisk the egg white with 1 tablespoon of water. Pass the croquettes through the flour, then through the egg white and finally through the fine breadcrumbs.
- Let the croquettes dry for a moment before passing them for the second time through the eggs and the fine bread crumbs.
- Freeze the croquettes until they are needed.
- Heat the frying oil and deep-fry the croquettes until they are golden brown. Then drain on kitchen paper.