Schoenlapperstaart | Apple Cobbler
Recipe type: Dessert
Schoenlapperstaart | Apple Cobbler is a Dutch food recipe using biscuits for the crisp mixed with sugar and spices.
- 1 kg Apples
- 13 Biscuits
- 3 Eggs
- 50 g Butter
- Greasing butter
- 100 g Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- Ground clove
- 125 g Raisins
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven at 175C.
- Peel the apples, remove the core, cut them into pieces and then boil in a small amount of water to form apple sauce.
- Crumble the biscuits.
- Divide the eggs into two bowls. Beat the whites stiff.
- Grease a low cake pan with butter.
- Stir the biscuits, butter, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, clove, raisins, whites and yolks into the apple sauce.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven, for about 50-60 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pie with icing sugar.