Salicornia with Hollandaise
Recipe type: Side
Salicornia with Hollandaise is a Dutch food recipe for sauce over stir fried greens.
- 150 g salicornia (samphire)
- 40 g butter
- 25 ml dry white wine
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon, juice
- salt and pepper
- 10 g butter
- Wash and drain the salicornia.
- Gently melt 40 g of butter in a pan without browning it.
- In another pan, bring white wine and lemon juice to the boil then remove from heat.
- Put a pan with a layer of water on the heat with a pan as a double boiler over that. Put the egg yolk in the double boiler and add the hot wine while continuously stirring.
- Keep stirring and add in an easy going stream the melted butter. Whisk the sauce until it is warm, without letting it boil.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Take the pan from the heat.
- Heat the rest of the butter in a frying pan and stir-fry the salicornia in three minutes.
- Arrange a pile of salicornia on preheated plates and dress it with the Hollandaise sauce.