Potato Soup with Bacon
Recipe type: Soup
Potato Soup with Bacon is a Dutch food recipe pureed with carrots, onions and leeks.
- 450 g potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 leek, sliced
- ½ carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 20 g butter
- 1 l stock
- 2 tbsp finely chopped herbs (parsley, chives, sage)
- ½ dl cream
- 60 g bacon
- salt and pepper
- Fry the onion, carrot and leek in the heated butter. Stir frequently. Then add the potatoes and the stock. Cook the mixture for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
- Use a mixer or a food processor to turn the soup into a puree. Dilute the puree with the rest of the stock and reheat the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan and chop.
- Stir the cream and most of the herbs into the soup.
- Serve the soup in soup plates and dress the soup with some bacon and the rest of the herbs.