Recipe type: Side
Parsnip Puree is a Dutch food recipe that can be baked in the oven after it is pureed.
- 1 kg parsnip
- 125 ml milk
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- fine bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Peel the parsnip with a vegetable peeler and cut into pieces. Put the parsnip with a teaspoon of salt in the pan. Fill the pan with enough water to make sure that the parsnip is partially covered. Bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain the parsnip. Add the milk, butter and nutmeg. Use the potato masher to turn it into a puree.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Preheat the oven to 200C. Fill oven dishes with the puree and dust them with some fine bread crumbs. Put a few pieces of butter on top. Cook the dishes for about 10 minutes in the hot oven.