Recipe type: Dessert
Oliebollen are Dutch dough balls fried in oil.
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- ½ cups warm water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- powdered sugar to dust
- Soak yeast and sugar in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Mix together yeast mixture, eggs, water, vanilla and salt.
- Add to flour slowly while mixing.
- Add fruit, mix and let rise 1½ hours.
- Drop small portions in hot frying oil and cook until browned.
- Drain and dust with powdered sugar.