Lettuce with Lemon Chervil Mayonnaise
Recipe type: Salad
Lettuce with Lemon Chervil Mayonnaise is a Dutch food recipe for a crisp salad in homemade dressing.
- 2 heads of lettuce
- ½ bunch of chervil
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ lemon, juiced + 1 tsp grated zest
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ dl olive oil
- 2 dl sunflower oil
- pear juice
- salt and pepper
- flakes of old Gouda cheese
- Rinse the chervil and chop together with the garlic.
- Remove the outer leaves of the lettuce. Cut each head into six pieces. Rinse the lettuce and put the parts in a bowl of ice-cold water.
- Add egg yolk, mustard, garlic, chervil and lemon juice in a bowl. Add olive oil and sunflower oil. Slowly beat the mixture until the mayonnaise forms. Season the mayonnaise with salt, pepper and some grated lemon zest.
- Dry the lettuce and arrange with the mayonnaise in salad bowls. Sprinkle some flakes of old Gouda on top of the salad.