Recipe type: Appetizer
Herring Tartare is a Dutch food recipe cooked with beetroot gin, onions, dill and parsley.
- 1 small red beetroot
- 2 pickled herrings
- 2 tbsp gin
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 sprouts of fresh dill, chopped
- 3 sprouts of fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon, juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Rinse and brush the beetroot. Then roast the beetroot for about 45 minutes in the oven. Turn over once in a while.
- Remove the fish bones from the herring. Cut the herring, like the beetroot in cubes. Then mix the herbs with the onion, herring and gin in a bowl.
- Add some freshly ground black pepper. Cover it and store it in the refrigerator.
- Peel the beetroot with a vegetable peeler. Use a mixer to turn the beetroot into a puree and add the olive oil.
- Let the herring drain then use the liquid to season the beetroot oil and add a little lemon juice to taste.
- Serve the herring tartar with some beetroot oil.