Chocolates with Rosemary
Recipe type: Dessert
Chocolates with Rosemary is a Dutch food recipe dipped in more chocolate and then sprinkled with sea salt.
- 150 g double cream
- 490 g dark chocolate (160 + 120 +210 g)
- 2 small branches of fresh rosemary
- sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with saran wrap.
- Mix the double cream together with the rosemary and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils take it of the heat and strain through a sieve.
- Add 160 grams of chocolate to the cooked double cream. Stir the whipped cream and chocolate with the spatula until the mixture is completely blended. Pour the chocolate mass on a baking tray. A layer of 1 to 1½ cm is fine.
- Set the chocolate for 24 hours in order to let it crystallize.
- When the mass has set, cut it into squares.
- Heat 120 grams of chocolate until it has reached a temperature of 45C. When it has reached the right temperature add the remaining 210 grams of chocolate, stirring constantly. Keep stirring the chocolate until all the chocolate has dissolved, the and the temperature at the end is be 30C.
- Dip the chocolate squares, into the chocolate quickly, otherwise the chocolate squares will melt.
- Put the chocolates on baking paper and sprinkle with sea salt and let dry and harden. Makes about 20 chocolates.