Chocolade Bollen | Chocolate Balls
Recipe type: Dessert
Chocolade Bollen | Chocolate Balls is a Dutch food recipe for homemade eclair type puff pastries.
- 75g Butter
- 100g Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 375ml Heavy Cream
- 1 envelope Vanilla sugar
- ½ bag Firming Whipped cream
- 200g Dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a heavy saucepan bring the butter, 150 ml water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Once the butter has melted add the flour at once and stir with a wooden spoon until a ball of dough forms. Remove pan from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs one by one stirring the dough. Continue stirring until dough is firm and shiny.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- With a wet spoon put 8 mounds of dough 5 cm apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack 25-30 minutes until tender and lightly baked. Do not open oven to prevent collapse.
- Allow the puffs to cool.
- Beat the cream with the vanilla sugar stiff.
- Put the whipped cream in pastry bag and prick a hole in the puff to fill it with whipped cream.
- Melt the remaining cream and chocolate and spoon over puffs.