Boerenkool met Worst | Kale Mashed Potatoes with Sausage
Recipe type: Entree
Boerenkool met Worst | Kale Mashed Potatoes with Sausage is a Dutch food recipe served with a bacon gravy.
- 1 Sausage, sliced
- 125 g Bacon
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 600 g Kale
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 envelope Gravy mix
- Peel and cut the potatoes in pieces. Clean the kale.
- Put the potatoes in a big pan with salt and water and let cook. After 5 minutes add the kale.
- Fry the bacon in a frying-pan, brown and crispy.
- Make the gravy according to packet and add to the bacon.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain the liquid. Add the milk and butter to potatoes and kale and puree. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve the sausage next to the puree and with gravy.