Recipe type: Dessert
Blackberry Bavaroise is a Dutch food recipe for a creamy refrigerated pie.
- 6 gelatine leaves
- 1 tsp lemon, juice
- 2 dl black berry puree
- 1,5 dl sugar syrup (dissolve 70 g sugar in 80 ml water)
- 0,4 l cream
- 1 pastry shell
- fresh blackberries for decoration
- Large bowl with ice water
- Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- Put the lemon juice, black berry puree and the sugar syrup in a pan. Heat the mixture until it almost reaches boiling-point.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid from the gelatine. Then add the gelatine to the lemon juice/ black berry mixture, stirring constantly. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon until all the gelatine has dissolved. Make sure that the mixture doesn’t start boiling. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the cream in a large bowl and whip the cream until stiff. Put it in the refrigerator.
- Place the pan with the hot mixture in a bowl with ice water and keep stirring.
- Immediately as the mixture starts to set, carefully fold it with a spatula into the whipped cream.
- Fill the pastry shell with the bavaroise and quickly even the surface with a clean spatula. Store the bavaroise in the refrigerator until needed.
- Cut the bavaroise with a sharp knife in nice portions and decorate with some fresh blackberries.