Appeltaart | Apple Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
Appeltaart | Apple Pie is a Dutch food recipe with raisins and currants mixed in.
- 300 g flour
- 200 g cold butter
- 160 g brown sugar
- 1 envelope vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 kg apples
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 15 g sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 60 g raisins
- Cut the butter in small pieces and mix it with the flour, brown sugar, vanilla sugar and salt. Then mix with your hands until the mixture becomes crumbly. Add ¾ of the egg. Then wrap it up in a zip lock bag and put it into the fridge.
- Peel the apples and rub them with lemon juice. Cut little pieces again and rub them with lemon juice until every single piece is covered with lemon juice. Add cinnamon to the apples, sugar and raisins.
- Take the dough out and take 2/5 of it. This is going to be the bottom. The remaining will be the side of the pie.
- Put the apple filling in the pie. Make strips of the last part of the dough and put them horizontally and vertically on the pie. Then cover the strips with the remainder of the egg.
- Bake the pie at 175C for 1 hour and 15 minutes.